Thursday, April 22, 2010

507 days until we board our plane!

The countdown is on!



It was only about a month ago that I committed to traveling to New Zealand for the Rugby World Cup 2011 and only a couple of weeks since I decided to invite my daughter; Tegan, on the journey. I have spent the last few weeks researching the best ways to get around New Zealand and upon getting a great rate on a campervan from Spaceships, I decided to reserve our campervan for the 23 days we will be there.


Rates from other companies have already jumped for the RWC 2011.  I am so happy to have secured this campervan for a third of the cost of other rental companies.  The representative at Spaceships suggested I book now as the rates are sure to increase in the future. 

I will be sharing the information I am learning from my research on the web and hopefully help others plan and enjoy a trip to New Zealand.

My daughter Tegan will be 7 in 2011 and we look forward to taking part in some extreme sports like paragliding, sand surfing and a rope obstacle course. 

Both of us have never been outside of North America.  We currently live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.  We both love the outdoors and partake on several hikes and backcountry camps every year; our playground is the Canadian Rockies. I started playing rugby at the age of 25 and continued for 3 years there after.  I love the game and have been a faithful spectator of the sport.  Tegan is involved with Irish Dance and if we are lucky we may be able to watch the New Zealand National Competition for Irish Dance while we are there. 

Tegan will be taking time off of school for the trip and I will be suspending my business activities while away.



We are very excited about our trip and are eagerly planning our 3 weeks in New Zealand for the Rugby World Cup 2011 We will be supporting Canada when they play Tonga, France, Asia 1 and New Zealand!

...and we will be there!