Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Emails going out today and tomorrow - RWC 2011 Tickets

An email confirming the results from ticket applications for venue and team packs goes out today and tomorrow.  Hopefully there is more information provided on second chance offers for remaining tickets.
"Followers from throughout the world applied for 600,000 tickets from April 27 to May 21 out of the 1.65 million available. Rugby New Zealand 2011 organisers told the Herald they would be informing fans who had been successful via a confirmation email." - NZ Herald

I think this information got twisted a little bit.  I imagine it was 600,000 applications for the available 1.65 million tickets.  I would guess that most people applied for 2 or more tickets, even at just 2 tickets per application this already reaches 1.2 million tickets.  My application for 2 tickets was successful, but friends of mine who applied for 4 packs have not been successful as of yet; and these were for Canada packs.




All avenues have not been exhausted for my friends and I wish them all the luck in hopes of snagging tickets for games in NZ.  I would like to know what the second chance offers will be and I hope my friends, the Lillywhites, get tickets; since they were the original planners of all this.