Friday, September 17, 2010

Revisiting the Ticket Situation

In total we are a group of 11 heading to NZ.  My daughter Tegan and I have joined up with the Lillywhite clan in planning this trip to RWC 2011.  I believe only 5-6 of us have tickets to games thus far; this coming from the Phase 1 ticket sales.  Phase 2 is well on its way and I hope that the rest of the clan can claim some tickets to the Canada games.

I had always thought that the reason some of us were unsuccessful was because of the New Zealand supporters getting in on the tickets (amoung other conspiracy theories about using a Visa instead of a MC)

Turns out we may be able to blame the French for this!  France vs New Zealand is also limited, but I contest that this is one of the great rivalries in Rugby and likely a game not to be missed.  But the France vs Canada game isn't the only Canada game with limited seats available!  Canada vs Japan has no premium seats left either.

Or there could be another theory...
maybe there is going to be a huge Canadian presence at these games!

Likely it is all the factors including the size of the stadium in Napier. 


Pool A France Canada Limited Sunday, 18
Sept 2011
Napier NA NA NA - - $31 $15


Pool A Tonga Canada
Wednesday, 14
Sept 2011
Whangarei NA $61 - - - $31 $15

Pool A Canada Japan
Tuesday, 27
Sept 2011
Napier NA NA NA - - $31 $15


Pool A New Zealand Canada
Sunday, 2
Oct 2011
Wellington $256 $194 $143 NA NA - -


I don't think I solved the case, but perhaps I have provided some useful information to our comrades attempting to scoop up tickets to the Canada games.