Thursday, December 2, 2010

You better be home soon...

I like Crowded House and I recently took my wife to their concert in September this year.

Watching All Blacks play on TV, it would seem that this is the anthem for New Zealand and the All Blacks.  I hope to experience the crowd and join in with the singing of "Somewhere deep inside, something's got a hold on you"  I am sure it will be one of those tingly moments that I will cherish forever and I hope my daughter, Tegan, will too.

Well last night I was driving Tegan to her Irish dance class and there was nothing really on the radio as we started our drive so I started to sign "You better be home soon".  This sparked a lot of protest from my daughter with dissaopinted "Dad"s reigning over my version of the song.  I finished with the first Chorus and then stopped to tell Tegan that when we are watching the All Blacks play Canada that she is likely to hear and hopefully sing this song.

Tegan's reply was this, "Can we wait until we are in New Zealand to hear it!"

I didn't continue singing, she seemed to have one that battle.  Touché