Sunday, January 16, 2011

2011 Rugby World Cup Will Sell Out

You might just see a sign like this, so get your tickets!
The head of the 2011 Rugby World Cup, Martin Snedden has vowed the tournament will sell out.  There are definitely two roles or approaches to marketing the 2011 RWC.  One is to sell the tournament/country to foreigners and the other is to sell the tournament to the Kiwis. 

For me this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to see a Rugby World Cup live, travel around a country I have always wanted to explore and the entire trip I get to share with my daughter Tegan.  I feel really lucky to be going and I know the experience will be treasured by myself and my daughter for years to come. 

I can only imagine if the All Blacks are able to win the tournament what this would mean to Kiwis who were able to watch the games unfold live in their own backyard.  This may be the biggest event New Zealand will ever see and for so many All Black fans this may be the once in a lifetime opportunity for them as well.