Monday, January 17, 2011

New Zealand campground bookings

Currently Tegan and I have our airplane tickets purchased, our campervan hired and our return ferry to the south island booked.  Little birds have spoken saying that campervans and RVs have been fully booked and I have been told that this is not true.  I have read that campgrounds around Auckland have been fully booked and I suspect that hostels might be included in that.

Although Auckland has been fully booked, I know that obtaining a site for a campervan is still relatively easy, well, this is what I was told.  So, I guess the next logical step for me is to start securing sites for our campervan especially the campgrounds in and around the cities where and when Canada play. 



So, my intention is to do some more research and chose campgrounds I wish to stay at then start emailing my preferred spots asking if we can rent a site.  I had not thought I would feel pressure to book so early, but I jumped when I saw ferry tickets selling out and again when premium seats on Air NZ filled.  Now I am going to have to spend some time to organize my campgrounds and chose the locations we want to stay at. 

I will let you know where we chose to stay during the Canada games.   Cheers!