Monday, February 7, 2011

Forever Strong - Rugby Movie 6/10

I watched Forever Strong today and didn't really enjoy it. 

I never played rugby in high school, this is a movie about high school rugby.  I did stupid things in high school and this is a movie about that.  I have had to deal with the American football egos on and off the field, there is some of that here too.  There are too many stereotypes in this movie, the hard-shelled dad/coach, the quiet wife/mother and the kid that can't do anything right in his father's eyes.  It was too much for me and this you see in the first 15 minutes of the film.

What I did like was the positive attributes of the rugby training from the tough cardio drills to the community outreach.


I really would of liked to have seen less drama and a cooler story than the typical Hollywood script that was presented here. 

I am happy I saw it, but I would likely never watch it again.