Saturday, March 5, 2011

2011 rugged camera list grows with Panasonic's new TS3

In my article dated January 13th, 2011, I introduced you to 3 new rugged cameras that were showcased at the CES show and later in February I announced the new rugged camera from Pentax.

I have a couple more rugged cameras that recently came to my attention.  The first is Panasonic's Lumix TS3.  This camera makes moves to right what was wrong with its ancestry.

 
The header from Panasonic's website is colorful and full of features this camera offers.  It has a nice wide 28mm (35mm equivalent) lens and neat GPS as well as altimeter functions.  I am considering the camera for my daughter because of the features I mentioned, the choices of colours, Canon might have got my money if they didn't only have blue as the D10's colour.  Simplistic would be a way to describe the operations as there are no manual controls found on this camera, it is literally a point and shoot type camera.  Perfect for my 6 year girl! 

310 picture battery life!  That is suppose to impress?  Oh well, I know now to consider a second battery as an option.  If you want to read a review of the new Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3