Friday, July 29, 2011

Blogger Post Title Length Tester Creator

I use blogger for my blog, there I said it!  You may or may not notice or even care.  I have put a fair bit of energy in the creation of this blog, especially the design and how it looks to search engines, so my blog reading friends can find my posts easily.

One of the most useful things you can do for your blog besides good content is the creation of a good title.  Since I have tweaked my blog to have the post title precede the blog title.  This was easily done and the next task to do was to create "Search Engine Optimized Post Titles".

How do you do this?  Well you need to think about your readers and what keyword or phrase they would type in a search bar to bring up your relevant content.  It is best to include relevant keywords or phrases that are also found in your post.  Now you can't just type in a 100 character description and think that blogger will use this as a post title.  Blogger will truncate the post title down to 40 characters or less and that's it.  There is no way to bypass this.

Every space and punctuation will be replaced by a hyphen "-". Such as in this html link example "http://www.nztrip2011.com/2011/07/tsn-broadcasting-canadian-rugby-games.html"

The post title I chose for this post is "Blogger Post Title Length Tester Creator".  When I place this into the text box below overwriting the phrase "Enter proposed title here!", I find that the post title fits in and "Creator" is wrapped to the next line.  When I published this article I found that "Creator" was truncated like expected. 

Try it out.





So why did I chose "Blogger Post Title Length Tester Creator" as a title...

Well when I was searching for an easy solution for this task, these were some of the search terms I used.

"Blogger Post Title Length"
"Blogger Post Title Creator"
"Blogger Post Title Tester"

I also typed in "Blogger Post Title Checker " as well... and nothing came up to help me out.

I hope this helps some of you out, as I will be coming back to this page to test out my post titles often.  Cheers!