Monday, August 15, 2011

IRB World Rankings - Canada better Rank

IRB the governing body over Rugby Union announced it's updated world rankings of international teams and Canada has increased 2 spots to sit ahead of Tonga but slightly behind Japan.  France has taken 4th spot from England as well.


We now sit nestled between the two teams we will face in New Zealand.  Our first game is against Tonga and the 3rd game is against Japan.  It is shaping up to be an interesting tournament for Canada.  I am hoping the NSMT only improve on their gameplay prior to the RWC.  I just watched an ITM test match from New Zealand and the degree of play from these teams is much better than what was seen in the Saturdays match.

I will be a great supporter of Canadian rugby when in New Zealand and a fine example, for my daughter, with my patriotism towards our country and our team.

Go Canada Go!