Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Adventure List continued...


Paragliding

There was an extensive search to find paragliding for Tegan, being that she will be 7 when we are in New Zealand and the fact that she is a fit little girl and doesn't weigh much.  I found many on the South Island near Queenstown and Christchurch but I haven't planned to go that far on the Island.

The place I found is located on the north shore of Auckland city.  Wings and Waves offers instruction on paragliding, kitesurfing, speed riding and paramotoring.  They offer tandem paragliding trips for adults and children.  I would love to be able to take a course so I can do it myself.  Not sure if this will be possible since I want Tegan to enjoy a tandem ride.  I can ask and see what they say when booking the excursion.

There are 2 ways to get to the north shore of Auckland, you can travel by car or by ferry.  If we are only left with the tandem option requiring only part of the day we will likely use the ferry and then explore a little of the city on foot.