Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Accommodations when the Canadian rugby games are played

Today I made my bookings at the holiday parks I thought would provide the best amenities for us.  I wanted to secure sites where I thought it would be most difficult to obtain one, such as when Canada plays their games at the Rugby World Cup.  I found some campgrounds fully booked for the day of the game, so my actions are likely a good decision.



In Whangarei for the first game that Canada plays against Tonga on September 14th at 5:00 PM, we will be staying at Alpha Holiday Park.  I chose this location for it is less than 3km from the game and should be easy to get to and from and still walk around and explore the city.  We are only staying for 1 night here. 





 There are 2 games in Napier, the first game is on September18th at 8:30 PM.  We will be staying 1 night at Bay View Snapper Holiday Park for the game and then leaving for some travel and adventure before heading back for the second of Canada's rugby games here against Japan on September 27th at 5:00 PM.  This occasion we will stay for 2 nights on the 26th and 27th of September.  I chose Bay View Snapper Holiday Park for the location with its beachfront and more natural setting, it is about 12 km from McLean Park the site for both games.  We are looking forward to our time in Hawke's Bay as Canada will be adopted as the home team during the RWC and we will share a kinship with our fellow Kiwis. 



For the Canada - New Zealand which is held on October 2 at 3:30PM, we have chosen a more distant campground in Martinborough called the Martinborough Village Camping.  This is an attractive location as it set amongst the local vineyards and the area east of Wellington is one that I wish to explore.  Unfortunately for us, our ferry to the South Island leaves at 6:05 am, meaning we have to be up likely around 3am to get to the ferry terminal on time.  We will be staying at Martinborough Village Camping October 1 and October 2, 2011.  I also purchased the shuttle to and from the game for $50 each.  I thought this was a really great service to provide us for the game.

 Look for the spaceships campervan with all the Canadian flags on it, then come say hi!