Monday, February 28, 2011

Six Nations Week 3

I was able to watch the Ireland -Scotland game and the England - France game this weekend on Setanta.

The England - France game was a tough defensive battle in the first half.  It wasn't that exciting of a game in my opinion.  The French had some nifty little runs, but just couldn't capitalize on their efforts.  Too many errors in the game and the scrum breakdowns are boring to watch.  I like more of an open running game, this wasn't it.

I felt Ireland almost blew this one as they had a comfortable lead and Scotland clawed back to get it within 3 points.  The scrums were lousy in this game as well, but the play was more open and entertaining.  A Scottish try would have been nice to see however.

Wales - Italy is the game I didn't see and with the win, Wales gain 2nd spot in the standings.


I might try to get a copy of the Wales - Italy game just so I can see I saw the game.  I don't know why Setanta only broadcast the 2 games, it makes no sense.  Do you have 6 Nations coverage or not?

Next games:

Sat 12th Mar 14:30 Italy v France
Sat 12th Mar 17:00 Wales v Ireland
Sun 13th Mar 15:00 England v Scotland