Friday, May 6, 2011

10 Great New Zealand Rugby World Cup Experiences 2011

Here is a list of the most anticipated experiences I want to have and share with my daughter in New Zealand this fall when we travel there to tour the country for 40 days and watch the Canadian games as they compete in the 2011 Rugby World Cup.

Top 10 2011 RWC Experiences - Canadian Supporter


10- Touring wineries around Martinborough
We have a wonderful little holiday park to stay in and make little day trips from.  This may be the most relaxing part of our trip due to our lengthy 3 night stay!

9- Sandsurfing the Te Paki Sand Dunes
When I first saw photos of this area and the sandsurfing, I thought this was going to be one of those adventurous activities we may never experience any where else.  Love at first sight!

8- Playing rugby game in New Zealand (Napier and Whangarei)
This is either going to be the best decision or the worst decision I have made for my trip to New Zealand.  I am sure it will be the story I tell when I am 80 years old!

7- Tramping Abel Tasman
A water taxi ride and a tramp in the beautiful Abel Tasman back to our campsite.  I am looking forward to sensing all that is Abel Tasman and our first night on the South Island. 

6- Tramping Tongariro Crossing
 This is may forever reign as my favourite tramp... until I get to do Milford Sound that is.  I am hoping for great weather, because I am going to take so many photos of this track.  Tegan and I are going to experience a fantastic journey with views of Mt. Doom.

5- Exploring Mount Cook National Park
 The glacier lakes, snow pack Southern Alps vistas and camping under the southern stars!

4- Visiting Stewart Island, our most Southern stop on our trip
We are so eager to see "little blues" and the great Albatross.  Think we are going to rent a scooter and work our way around the island for sightseeing and photo opportunities.

3- Watching the 1st game against Tonga in Whangarei
Wow!  I am really getting to see a live Rugby World Cup match!  I am looking forward to the pre and post celebration with daughter and friends!  For a RWC virgin, this will be a memorable first!


2- Sky Diving with my 7 year old daughter in Queenstown
 This may be is the craziest thing I/We have thought of trying.  Relying on the weather to be perfect for our first skydiving adventure.  Video will be aired here!

1- Watch Canada play New Zealand in Wellington, New Zealand!
This is by far the most anticipated event for me.  I am going to be watching the All Blacks play our tidy little Canadian side in the 2011 Rugby World Cup!  WOO HOO!