Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Rugby World Cup 2011 video game preview

Ian Felmore of lazygamer.com has posted a review/preview of HB Studios Rugby World Cup 2011 video game as he experienced it at E3 last week. 

Check out the Iam Felmore's article on HB Studios Rugby World Cup 2011 video game coming to XBOX 360 and PS3.


"As I mentioned above, earlier today I was one of the few journalist that got any face-time with this title and unfortunately this was all I was allowed. As the game is still knee deep in the development stage I wasn’t allowed anywhere near a controller, so all of what I know has purely been from a 2.5 meter view point."

The article gives us plenty of insight into the actual gameplay and I like what Ian is telling us. 

"Once we had run over the modes, I was taken right into the action and was truly lost for words. Graphically the game looks sharp and while I can’t really say a lot on this topic given the game is still in development, what I can say is that HB Studios has reached a point where any rugby fan would be happy with. But they want to take it to this game to the next level and if the current quality is anything to go by, this game is going to knock the proverbial socks off any fan doubting 505."

If you weren't excited about this game before, are you now?  

This is going to be a great year for rugger fans and rugby gamers alike.  Since I am going to be at the Rugby World Cup this fall I have been watching the countdown ticker and it is now at 85 days to go... maybe I should be counting down to the August 26th, 2011 release date instead!  

71 DAYS TO GO!